Ways for saving Money on Insurance of your Car:
- Pay attention on the rates. Pay the premium half-yearly to save on the interest of 20% or more if you are paying the monthly premium. Generally people do not know this.
- Insurance coverage should be checked very quarter. There are many things which change in the meantime. You can drop the riders not required and add some new riders. A new driver will require more coverage than an experienced one. Also coverage varies according to daily running of your car.
- Use the internet and local offices before you buy insurance. Do not stick to your old service provider if he cannot match the discounts available readily in the market.
- Do not claim insurance if your mirror is broke. Claiming frequently will increase your premium. If you make claims rarely it will lower the premium.
- If you are a person paying bills regularly then your credit score will be good. The better credit score will help you get insurance at a lower cost.
- Always install anti-theft devices and tracking devices in your vehicle. This can result in additional discounts.
- Never let your insurance lapse. It will increase the cost.
- One thing I learned from my cousin was that if you bundle all the insurance together you can save a lot. Try this tip it helped me save a month’s income!
- The lesser the number of parking and driving tickets the better you are placed when taking insurance.